Sweco‘s experience of water and environmental projects extends more than 100 years back in time. As one of Europe’s leading players in this area, Sweco is well prepared to meet the environmental challenges of the future. Sweco’s comprehensive expertise helps clients to find solutions that are optimal from both an environmetal impact assesments. Wide range of provided services includes solutions for water supply, wastewater treatment, solid waste management and restoration of habitats. Sweco also processes various types of environmental studies and evaluation of the impact on the environment.
Since the beginning of 1990‘s, environmental landscape renovation and protection activities took place all over the Czech Republic. This was largely supported by the development of landscape renovation programs including the Program of Water Course Revitalization and the Landscape Protection Program, which reinforced the implementation of measures intended for increasing the retention capacity of landscaped areas. These programs accentuate especially the remediation of negative impacts of unsuitable implemented landscape modifications, inadequate land management and large scale dewatering, renovation of the natural functions of water courses and the flood plain, including surrounding planting and protection areas and ensuring the conditions for biological enhancement of water courses. Landscape protection is based on the protection of the landscape on the component level and as a whole.
Sweco Hydroprojekt’s core services in this field:
- Regional studies of environmental protection
- General Plan and projects for territorial systems of ecological stability
- Support regeneration of urbanized landscape
- Landscaping and water management measures
- Programs revitalization of river systems
- Flood control measures addressed environmentally sound manner
- Water management and technical solutions of watercourses and buildings on watercourses, revitalization
- Economic and silvicultural treatment and torrent control and stabilization of ravines
- Land reclamation after mining and industrial activities
- Proposals for comprehensive land reclamation
- Restoration of agricultural and forest environment
- Land irrigation and protection of unique habitats
- Drainage of agricultural land and land for use according to the land development plan